Build a Progressive Career with the Growing Global Industry Leader. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States. Everyone has an opportunity for growth in all areas of our company. Excellent Training Advancement Opportunities Great Culture Competitive Pay Great Benefits
Whats in it for me?
- This is a full time position!
- The starting rate is $13.50/hour PLUS a shift differential of $1.00 for 3rd shift.
- You have up to 4 weeks of paid on the job training!
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision (free eye exam, minimal cost to add dependents, and allowance to use in selecting your frame of choice), 401k (6% match!!!), vacation, sick pay, tuition reimbursement.
- We also offer $100 locally at our lab after 1 year of employment towards a pair of glasses.
- Enjoy the stability and resources of a growing global organization -- our recent combination with Luxottica has made us the world's largest player in the eyewear industry.
- 3rd Shift: Sunday-Thursday 10pm - 6:30am
- Overtime will be required during our peak seasons
What will I be doing?
- Lab Technicians in an Optical Lab help create eyeglasses to help improve lives by improving sight. Responsibilities involve working as a team to help create beautiful prescription eyewear in a production environment which may include operating machines to help prepare the lenses by helping to shape, clean, insert in matching frames and inspecting the final product for shipping a beautiful pair of eyeglasses to our valuable accounts to be worn by people eagerly awaiting their new pair of glasses.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Lab Technician opportunity, you will have:
- No experience required, we will train you!
- High mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment. Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Be able perform repetitive movements with upper and lower extremities.
- Must be able to regularly lift 10 pounds.
- Face coverings / masks required; On-Site Health Checks; Sick employees stay home or go home; Limit entry points for health checks; On-going disinfecting cleaning common areas, work stations and equipment, vending machines, doorknobs, etc.; Limit Visitors
We look forward to speaking with you about your interest in joining our team, sharing our culture and our why we love working at Essilor!
Apply on company website