OBGYN in Upstate New York $50,000 Sign-On Bonus Live Anywhere
We are seeking a BC/BE OBGYN to join the Obstetric Hospitalist program at Arnot Ogden Medical Center (AOMC) in scenic Elmira, New York. Ideal candidates will be strong clinicians who work well in teams, adhere to evidence-based clinical guidelines, and provide high quality care. Flexible block scheduling is used. Ability to live local or commute in, the choice is yours!
**$50,000 Sign-on Bonus - Premium Pay with Relocation and Education Assistance options!
Below are highlights of this opportunity:
- As the only regional perinatal center in the market, AOMC offers comprehensive women's health services including MFM services and a Level III NICU
- The experienced team of board-certified obstetricians and midwives welcome over 1300 babies annually
- Responsibilities include delivery attendance, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical assists, fetal monitoring and ER coverage
- The practice staffing model includes options for 12, 24, and 36 hour in-house shifts.
- Conveniently situated about 20 minutes from the desirable suburb of Corning and 45 minutes from Cornell University
- Board eligibility or board certification is required, New York license preferred
- Part time and per diem candidates are welcome to apply, travel assistance provided
- Leadership position available
About the Hospital
Arnot Ogden Medical Center is a 266-bed tertiary medical center and the flagship hospital of Arnot Health, a regional non-profit health system formed in 2011 from the merger of AOMC and St. Joseph's Hospital. The health system serves the region through three hospitals plus other long-term care centers, rehabilitation facilities and local physician offices. The OBGYN Hospitalist team will lead a multidisciplinary team including neonatologists and maternal fetal medicine specialists to develop and implement CQI and efficiency programs in labor and delivery.
About the Area
Elmira is geographically situated near the New York-Pennsylvania state border and is approximately equidistant from Boston, Montreal, Washington D.C. and Cleveland, and is only 80 miles from Rochester, NY. The area is located at the southern end of the Finger Lakes Region, an area renowned for its beauty and wines. Respected Cornell University is easily accessible and the adjacent community of Corning offers sought-after residential living and excellent R&D jobs at the Forbes 500 corporate headquarters of Corning Inc. Residents enjoy access to horseback riding and hiking trails, downtown river views at Mark Twain Riverfront Park, paddleboat and carousel rides on Eldridge Lake, and tons of outdoor fun at the city's annual Taste of Downtown and Street Painting Festival. As the weather turns colder, the winter wonderland of upstate NY comes alive with skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling and ice fishing.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply on company website