This person coordinates all purchasing functions in the Logistics & Operations Department for the EMEA region, including but not limited to the issuing of purchase orders and reviewing all associated paperwork for correctness and completeness before handing it over for logistics execution. This function also includes maintaining the purchasing master data on the ERP system, reviewing the MRP signals and liaising with vendors to assure agreed delivery times are met.
In close interaction with QA, customer service and 3PL service providers, this person assures a constant and reliable supply of quality product.
What You'll Do:
• Issues purchase orders to intercompany and external vendors.
• Creates Production Schedule for Subcontract manufacturing based on latest priorities and issues corresponding Purchase Order to the subcontract manufacturers
• Assures at all times that the ERP system provides reliable information concerning open purchase orders and communicates issues.
• Checks daily MRP signals for PO release dates, expediting and de-expediting, and agrees with vendors accordingly.
• Assists the Sr Coordinator with weekly vendor backlog review meetings.
• Maintains ERP system up to date on purchasing master data; vendor master, purchase info records, source lists, etc.
• Works closely with the QA, customer service and 3PL service providers to assure a constant and reliable supply of quality products.
• Checks completeness and correctness of documentation provided by vendors, such as, invoices, packing lists, export declarations, certificates of conformance, certificates of origin, etc. and prepares the import declaration for the customs agent.
• Reviews and provides to vendors the necessary paperwork for purchasing customized products.
• Pursues proactively continuous quality improvement throughout the Company.
• Assures vendors are compliant with the quality and environmental standards and verifies that purchasing practices comply with established laws, policies and ethical principles.
• Monitors supplier performance and highlights poor performance through the QA system.
• Works closely with customer service department to optimize the supply and coordinates with suppliers on unexpected large orders and contracts.
• As a member of the Supply Chain Operations department, takes part in SAP projects, system enhancements, helpdesk tickets and testing.
• Performs clerical tasks such as filling, posting, tabulating, typing, sorting and answering the phone.
• Performs additional duties and projects as assigned by the supply chain manager.
• Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
What You'll Need:
• Minimum 2 to 3-year experience in purchasing.
• Verbal and written fluency in English is required; other European languages are highly valued.
• Must be proficient with Word, Excel, Power Point and other appropriate software.
• Good knowledge of an ERP preferably SAP PTP, MM and MRP modules.
• Must be able communicate effectively with executive-level personnel from both customers and suppliers.
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
• Must have an enthusiastic personality and be able to answer the phone in a cheerful and helpful manner. This position requires the ability to build positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
Bonus Points For:
• Actively supports and complies with Peli's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
• Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
• Must be flexible regarding working hours.
• Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Next Steps of the Selection Process:
- Our hiring team reviews applications and select candidates.
- We'll invite candidates to do a video interview on Spark Hire.
- After the submitted one-way video interviews are reviewed, we'll invite a final number of candidates for in-person interviews.
Why Join Peli? Here's a glimpse of Peli Perks…
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
- And more…
With over 40 years of creating the toughest, virtually indestructible, and most dependable products on the market, Pelican Products remains the global leader of high-performance protective case solutions, advanced portable lighting systems, and consumer products we use in our everyday lives to include coolers, phone and tablet cases, backpacks, and drinkware. Our products are depended upon by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, life sciences, defense/military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer. Pelican's products are designed and built to last a lifetime.
Peli is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website