The primary function of the Coder/Abstractor I is to apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval and analysis and claims processing. Adheres to all Medical Center policies and procedures as well as abides by the standards of Ethical coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to Official Coding guidelines as published by the Coding Clinic and CPT Assistant.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of medical terminology course and/or anatomy and physiology.
- ART preferred. CCS or CCA required within one year of employment.
- One to two years experience in computer entry and knowledge of Windows preferred.
- Experience with ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 Code assignments.
- Computer experience required.
Apply on company website