While under direction of the Vice President, Organizational Effectiveness, this position will be responsible for the ongoing deployment of the PRHS Operating System and leading Performance Improvement initiatives. This position provides oversight to a team of the performance improvement consultants and specialists using tools from Six Sigma, Lean, and other contemporary performance improvement methodologies. In addition, the Director of PI will oversee the performance of systems design and reengineering, the leveraging of benchmarking and best practices to improve labor, supply and space utilization. The Director, PI will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of hospital-wide education on the PRHS Operating System, Lean, Six Sigma, and other PI tools. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining the systematic approach to project management by, and the mentoring of the Improvement Consultants and performance improvement specialists as needed. He/she provides oversight regarding performance improvement competency and skill development throughout the organization.
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or Business Administration (concentration in Finance, Management, or Operations) with five years of experience in systems and process improvement.
- LEAN/Six Sigma Black Belt certification required. Lean/Six Sigma Master Black Belt preferred or earned within 3 years of employment.
- At least five years of experience leading performance improvement teams with sustained improvements in at least five organizational projects with reduction/process improvement/systems and/or engineering activities.
- Two or more years of experience as a Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt with oversight responsibility for Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt projects.
- Health care project experience preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in a leadership position with FTE responsibility preferred.
Apply on company website