Company: Performance Food Group
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Food, Beverage
Email me to apply later
The Safety Manager position will perform the following duties:
- Develops implements and/or administers environmental and occupational health and safety programs to ensure applicable legal compliance and create and maintain a safe and secure working environment. (Programs include but not limited to: OSHA, EPA, DOT, USDA/USDC/FDA, AIB, Homeland Security, Property Engineering Coordination, Casualty Insurance needs.)
- Performs accident reporting and administration.
- Responsible for PFG Program Compliance: audits, scorecard, PWMs, Safety Training and Orientation, Driver Training, MVR Policy Compliance, Risk Management Audit Coordination and Claims Management.
- Coordinates medical intervention with physicians, tracks safety initiatives from a financial perspective. Monitors costs and financial impact.
- Develops interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required Experience: 4-6 Years
Specify: Occupational safety and health management or related area
Preferred Education: Bachelors
Specify: Human Resources, Environmental Management, Occupational Safety and Health or related area
Preferred Experience: 6-10 Years
Specify: Occupational safety and health management or related area within foodservice industry
Preferred Professional Certification: Associate in Risk Management, (CSP) Certified Safety Professional and/or related area
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Apply on company website