This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!
Principal IT Network Solutions Architect
Designs, analyzes and develops IOT/IT network and communication architecture solutions in alignment with the enterprise direction/ standards. Researches and develops specifications, implementation plans for new products/services, and service offerings. Superior communications (written and verbal), collaboration and facilitation skills to work with internal clients as well as technical team members. Anticipates internal and or external network related business challenges, vendor and/or regulatory issues and recommends process, product, or service improvements. Broad knowledge across multiple of the following enterprise system and capability domains including; Utility Operations architecture, Smart Grid architecture, Cloud & Mobility architecture, Data architecture, Web architecture.
Key Job Information
- Requires a recognized expert within the company.
- Anticipates internal and or external business challenges, vendor and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements.
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Progression to this level is restricted on the basis of business requirements.
- Solution Architecture - Leads the development of network architectures for complex communication systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers. Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality, security, compliance, costs, benefits, and systems management requirements within the organization. Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of network architecture components and coordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Implement information security principals when creating and designing information systems in order to keep all classified and sensitive information secure.
- Systems Design – Utility Controls system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture. Influences industry-based models for the development of new network technology applications. Develops effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs. Ensures adherence to relevant network strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security).
- Emerging Communication Technology - Coordinates the identification and assessment of new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies, products, methods and techniques. Provides regular briefings to staff and management.
- User Experience Evaluation - Responsible for organizational commitment to high standards in all aspects of the interaction between users and deployed technology. Specifies ergonomics standards and methods to meet organizational objectives.
- Consultancy - Manages provision of consultancy services and/or management of a consultants. In areas of communication or network, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the client Engages with clients and maintains business partner relationships. Establishes agreements/contracts and manages completion and disengagement.
- Conformance Review - Specifies organizational procedures for the internal or third-party assessment of an activity, process, product or service against recognized criteria. Develops plans for review of management systems, including the review of implementation and use of standards and the effectiveness of operational and process controls. May manage the review, conduct the review or manage third-party reviewers. Identifies areas of risk and specifies interrogation programs. Recommends improvements in processes and control procedures. Authorizes the issue of formal reports to management on the extent of compliance of systems with standards, regulations and/or legislation.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering management or equivalent work experience in related discipline.
- TOGAF, ITIL, ARCHIMATE certification preferred.
- Successful track record/past employment as an Enterprise Architect, or an IT strategy and technology governance consultant, working in a large enterprise environment or major consulting firm.
- 12+ years of experience as an IT leader and professional in the Energy or Utilities industry.
- Expert working knowledge of both Information Technology (IT) and Operations Technology (OT).
- 12+ years of experience architecting/engineering business-critical solutions in a multi-platform environment for large-scale enterprise.
- Expert knowledge of quality and conformance frame works.
- Expert knowledge of specification and design of information systems.
- Expert knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Expert knowledge of the business areas and functions.
- Expert knowledge of OT/IT/business strategies.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:
Apply on company website