This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!
The Transmission Advanced Applications Modeling Engineer maintains system models used for advanced applications including state estimation and real-time contingency analysis with the Energy Management System. Applies a wide variety of analytical and operations reliability engineering skills to ensure power-grid reliability. This role will enable PGE to ensure the reliable of future growth of the transmission system and support the advancement of having a reliable green energy future.
This role will be located at the World Trade Center in Downtown Portland until Early 2022, when it will be relocated to our brand-new state of the art Integrated Operations Center in Tualatin. This position will be filled at either a staff or senior level and will be dependent on the qualifications below.
- Provides technical expertise and oversight to ensure compliance with applicable NERC/WECC reliability standards for transmission operations; prepares documentation and represents PGE as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of the WECC audit process of the NERC reliability standards; consults with other PGE workgroups to assist in their compliance efforts.
- Completes and reviews engineering analyses for operation of the transmission system (current day, next day and seasonal system studies); anticipates and responds to unplanned outages and system emergencies and leads the identification of actions needed to promptly restore service and alleviate emergency conditions. Performs quality assurance on data required for Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) and neighboring utilities.
- Interfaces with the reliability coordinator, BPA and PACW to coordinate study results, real-time operating limits and path flow ratings; provides recommendations and analysis for outage scheduling and construction/maintenance plans affecting the transmission system in the one-year horizon; oversees transmission switching plans to support capital projects and maintenance activities.
- Provides simulation training support as required by the NERC PER standards.
In addition to the Staff level the Senior Level:
- Leads complex engineering analyses for operation of the transmission system (current day, next day and seasonal system studies); identifies broad and complex solutions for anticipated or unplanned outages.
- Leads the development of study results, real-time operating limits, and path flow ratings; oversees outage scheduling and construction/maintenance plans affecting the transmission system in the one-year horizon; oversees transmission switching plans to support capital projects and maintenance activities.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program or program accredited by an equivalent agency.
- Staff Level: Eight or more years in electrical engineering or five or more years in a related field with PE license.
- Senior Level: 10 or more years in electrical engineering.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:
Apply on company website