- The Cardiovascular Scrub Tech/Inventory Specialist provides direct patient care to the Cath Lab Patients. Performs as first scrub during cardiac cath and device implant procedures. The Cardiovascular Scrub Tech/Inventory Specialist assumes inventory control and inventory management responsibilities within the cardiac cath lab.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all phases of cardiac cath lab procedures to include hemodynamic monitoring and electrocardiograph recognition.
- Demonstrates skills, knowledge, and ability to perform as first scrub assistant for all adult diagnostic and interventional cases including PTCA, Stents, IVUS, cutting balloon, IABP, and permanent Pacemaker insertion or Defibrillator insertion.
- Manipulates Fluoroscopic equipment, takes x-ray images under the general supervision of the cardiologist, and demonstrates knowledge of various radiographic injection techniques.
- Demonstrates skills, knowledge and ability to perform as first scrub assistant for all diagnostic and therapeutic EP studies. Understands and is able to utilize all equipment specific to EP studies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various radiographic injection techniques.
- Manipulates hemodynamic recording/procedural record equipment, demonstrates knowledge of ACT and oximeter devices.
- Demonstrates successfully knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Works in a multifunctional team environment and demonstrates ability to set priorities.
- Displays knowledge and skills for sheath removal and achievement of hemostasis (manual and device).
- Manages inventory procedures and reporting in an accurate, cost efficient and timely manner.
- Completion of an accredited ARRT, RN, or related allied health program required. RCIS credential is not mandatory but is preferred.
- Must have at least two years of experience working in an interventional cardiac cath lab. Must be proficient at patient monitoring, procedure documentation and operation of imaging equipment. Experience with non-cardiac, peripheral vascular angiography and intervention is preferred. He/she must have at least two years of experience with inventory management and inventory control. He/she must have strong written and word processing skills, knowledge of computers and be proficient with Excel spreadsheets. Experience with Meditech is preferred.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required. American Heart Association ACLS Certification required. Obtain IABP experience within 6 months of hire. Must have allied health credential such as ARRT or RN.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee must be able to wear lead aprons during the cath lab procedures. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit. The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
- Physical working environment may include but not be limited to any of the following hazards: chemical, electrical, mechanical, bio-waste, explosive, radiation, stress, back strain, body fluids, etc.. Variations in temperature, noise, odors, multi-stimuli, etc..
Apply on company website