Company: Phelps Health
Location: Rolla, MO
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
- The Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technician (EKG Technician) will perform diagnostic procedures that are assigned to him/her. These procedures may include but not limited to EKGs, Stress Tests, Holter Monitors, Event Monitors, and Holter and Event Monitor scanning. This position may be used to cover other areas within the Cardiology department or outside the department.
- Performs properly a variety of tests to include; EKGs, Stress Tests, Holter Monitors, Event Monitors, and Holter and Event Monitor scanning as requested. Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
- Stocks and assists supervisor in the ordering of supplies.
- Verifies physician orders.
- Provides patient/family education regarding procedure in an comprehensive and informative way.
- Bills and processes procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Performs proper cleaning and sterilization techniques to appropriate equipment.
- Functions as team member, meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, helps with quality intiatives, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Completion of an EKG certification program preferred.
- EKG experience is preferred.
- Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association is required. Certified EKG Technician (CET) preferred.
- Requires frequent standing for long periods of time, walking, and lifting up to 35lbs. It also involves pushing, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching. Considerable mental concentration for long periods of time.
- Minimal physical discomfort. Ability to work under stress.
Apply on company website