Piedmont Health System is currently recruiting a board-certified Vascular Neuro-Hospitalist to jointly serve as our System Stroke Medical Director in Atlanta, Georgia.This is an excellent opportunity to build a stroke program and grow the neurosciences service line with the vision to become the highest quality and largest program in Georgia. Comprised of 11 hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, and over 250 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia, Piedmont Healthcare is a fast-growing, recognized leader in delivering high quality care with a clinically integrated network of over 2,500 physicians. Piedmont is at the forefront in tertiary and quaternary care throughout the Southeast region. Metro Atlantas vibrant economy fuels a wealth of global communities and diverse cultural experiences, while the state of Georgia offers coastline beaches and mountain views.
The service line includes neurosurgery, general neurology, neuro-hospitalists, and neuro-intensivist services alongside well established and growing spine and brain tumor programs. To support a rapidly growing neuro-services program well into the future, Piedmont Atlanta is currently under construction to open a 42-bed neuro-ICU unit. The Piedmont system encompasses five Primary Stroke Centers and two thrombectomy capable centers.
This opportunity will allow the right candidate to develop and foster the growth of our program and the ability to access state of the art technology. Piedmont cares for over 2,000 medical stroke admissions in the Metro Atlanta area and over 3,000 across the entire system. The candidate will be welcomed by the existing team of neurosurgeons and other neuro specialists. Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Fellowship Trained Vascular Neurology
- Two-three years of experience
- Stroke Medical Director leadership preferred
- An experienced physician preferably with program development background
- Experience with DNV and/or Joint Commission Accreditation
- MPH or MBA degree
- Published research
In this role the candidate will:
- Work a Monday-Friday schedule
- Participate in system-wide call (approximately 2-3 times per month)
- Participate in community hospital stroke meetings
- Participate in Clinical Governance Council meetings
- Highly Competitive Salary and wRVU-based incentives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- 401K with employer contribution
- Epic EMR
- Quality, Service, and Reputation
Piedmont Health System is currently recruiting a board-certified Vascular Neuro-Hospitalist to jointly serve as our System Stroke Medical Direct...
Apply on company website