We're a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner II is responsible and accountable for the respiratory management, treatment, control and care of patients with respiratory deficiencies and be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- The individual must exhibit knowledge of the principles of growth and development from newborn to geriatric patient population.
- Therapist must possess the ability to assess data reflective of patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
- Therapist must be able to provide the care indicated with respect to department policy and procedures.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological educational, and environmental needs of the patient/significant other when administering care.
- Possess a broad knowledge of all modes of therapy being performed within this institution.
- Be able to exhibit skills to accomplish computer operation to include mouse and windows application.
- Must be adept at auscultation of the chest and physical assessment of the patient and monitoring of vital signs.
- Exhibit skills and ability to properly understand and operate electronic monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be licensed RCP by State of California.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist within 6 months of hiring, recommended.
- Must have a minimum of two years of RCP experience.
- Competent to assess the appropriate care given to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, or geriatric patient.
- Maintain required Adult ACLS, BCLS and Pediatric (PALS) certification.
- If ACLS and PALS card are not present at time of hire, the employee must obtain within six months of hire date.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website