We're a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for the administration of high frequency sound waves and other diagnostic techniques for medical purposes at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. This position requires a highly skilled and competent professional who is considered to be an integral part of the health care team. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology. Additionally, is expected to be competent in production, use, recognition and analysis of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic patient care and assessment
- Ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent guest relation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and remain organized
- Demonstrate critical thinking
- Ability to provide preliminary findings to ordering physicians
- Completion of an accredited ultrasound program
- BLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Current RDMS (OB or AB) or obtain within 24 months of eligibility (per ACR accreditation guidelines)
- 2-5 years acute care ultrasound experience
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website