Genesis is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services from short-term to long-term care and a wide variety of living options and professional clinical services. We are changing how care is delivered by bringing together people like you -- passionate, highly skilled and motivated to make a difference.
Join our team as Director of Social Services and foster an environment that enables our patients to maximize their well-being and overall quality of life. In this role, you will plan, develop, organize, evaluate and direct the overall operation of the Social Services department in accordance with the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics and federal, state and local guidelines. You may supervise a staff of up to 2 employees.
- Collaborates with social services staff, interdisciplinary team, and administration to promote and protect patient rights, dignity, independence and psychological well-being
- Maintains good working relationships with center employees, meeting with administration and nursing staff to collaborate and plan
- Assures a comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment is completed for each patient that identifies social, emotional, psychological needs and strengths.
- Educates patients and families regarding their rights and responsibilities, health care decision making/advance directives, effective problem solving, and available community resources
- Provides therapeutic interventions to assist patients to cope with their transition and adjustment to a long-term care facility and to address behavior or mood problems
In business since 1985, strong, stable Genesis has a culture of compassion, and a commitment to integrity, employee appreciation, and career paths for our employees.
We strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package including Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision Care, Wellness Program, Telemedicine Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Company-Paid Group Life Insurance, Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability, Group Auto and Homeowners Insurance, Pet Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Commuter Benefits, Modified Compensation (Mod Comp) or “pay in lieu of benefits,” and Planned Time-Off (vacation, holidays, sick, and state sick). Such benefits, as well as bonus and variable compensation plans, are based on applicable state law and factors such as pay classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade, location, and length of service.
* Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Social Work * Must possess certifications/licensures as required by State of employment to practice in long-term care * Supervised Social Services experience of 1-3 years in a health care setting * Additional certification in Geriatric Case Management, Hospice & Palliative Care, Gerontology, Clinical Social Work, Health Care, Nephrology, Mental Health, and/or Substance Abuse preferred * Management/administrative/supervisory experience preferred * To protect the health and safety of our patients, residents, employees, family members, and the communities we serve, Genesis has implemented a universal COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employees, care partners and onsite vendors.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 390706
Center Name: Pikes Peak Center
Job Salary: $22-$24
Apply on company website