Reports To General Foreman of Maintenance Salary 297 Schedule - Musical Instrument Repairman $30.69 hourly Qualifications 1. High School diploma required and Certificate in musical repair or completion of apprenticeship program required. Or Bachelor?s degree in Arts/Music and musical repair experience in a variety of instruments.
2. Lift and carry heavy equipment.
3. Personal vehicle for use at work. Residency Requirements City of Pittsburgh Residency Required Essential Job Functions 1. Use personal vehicle for traveling to various school locations to perform duties.
2. Obtain and manage repair orders from the District?s musical instrument inventory and repair system.
3. Contact schools to arrange time for repairs to be made.
4. Diagnose problems and performs repairs on all forms of musical instruments.
5. Instrumental repairs using tools specifically designed for musical repairs.
6. Reassemble repaired instruments and inspects for playability.
7. Make appropriate arrangements for transportation needs of instruments to the repair shop if repairs can?t be made on site.
8. Order parts as necessary to make repairs for all types of instruments.
9. Inventory of all musical instruments. Additional Job Information Work Environment:
1. Indoors in busy office, working near co-workers.
2. Frequently required to work at a fast pace, under consistent short deadlines.
4. Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
5. Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload.
6. Considerable amount of phone, e-mail and written correspondence activity.
7. Must maintain a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania driver's license and must use and maintain a dependable vehicle, including appropriate proof of automobile insurance.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Apply on company website