Reports To Director, Talent Management Salary Support Non-Exempt, Level 10 (starting at $43, 811 annually) Qualifications Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. Candidates must be comfortable working on a team committed to better meeting the needs of our student population by increasing the racial diversity and cultural competency of our workforce. We are a hard working team focused on results and expect the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of the organization. In addition, we are seeking candidates with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least three years of experience in data management, Human Resources, finance or similar field preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player, under pressure with multiple competing deadlines, and with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
-Ability to prioritize routine work streams to meet deadlines and achieve results with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience reviewing and entering information into Human Resources Management Systems (Munis and/or PeopleSoft preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data; ability to design and run queries.
- Demonstrated project management skills, attention to detail, organized and able to meet frequent and changing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of school system, human resource practices, federal and state employment laws and knowledge around Pennsylvania Department of Education certification requirements.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to innovate, research and think creatively.
- A capacity to solve problems, to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Residency Requirements City of Pittsburgh Residency Required Essential Job Functions 1. Conduct data entry into the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) for employee information and job-related transactions including, but not limited to, new hires, transfers, pay rate changes, compensation, earnings distribution changes, account creations, separations, and leaves of absence.
2. Review, adjust, and process applications and reports to determine employee eligibility for compensation factors such as Longevity, Advanced Study, Teacher/Professional/Administrator Increments.
3. Track and code substitute pay modifications and salary step adjustments.
4. Create and update EdReflect accounts for new employees and full-time substitutes.
5. Organize and maintain the personnel file room and hard copy filing system.
6. Conduct file management and routine maintenance of digital and hardcopy personnel information including, but not limited to, labeling and filing of personnel folders, processing and filing incoming paperwork, updating digital and hardcopy records, refiling transfers, promotions, separations, and purging old files.
7. Address compensation and HCIS inquiries in a responsive, customer-focused manner in order to provide satisfying first tier response.
8. Assist with running reports and converting data into information to support decision-making processes inside and outside of HR.
9. Contribute to research and reporting projects related to information contained in hard copy personnel folders. This may include, but is not limited to, converting hard copy information into digital form.
10. Document various departmental procedures to ensure consistency and identify areas for improvement.
11. Assist the Project Specialist, Human Capital Information Systems with regular audits of the HRMS system to ensure data integrity, and with various projects during periods of high volume.
12. Assist in preparing onboarding and selection materials for the hiring process, and with processing new employee documentation during new hire orientations.
13. Serve as a backup to complete employment verifications and change of address requests in the absence of the Project Manager, Human Resources.
14. Communicate effectively and confidentially at all levels, over the phone, face-to-face, and by email.
15. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Apply on company website