Reports To Director of Pupil Transportation Salary Support Non-Exempt Salary Schedule, Level 10 - $43, 811
FLSA Status Non-Exempt Qualifications 1. Bachelor?s degree preferred and/or 5 years of previous experience in transportation services industry.
2. The ability and willingness to exhibit competency in the technical areas as such data analysis and transportation routing software. Residency Requirements City of Pittsburgh Residency Required Essential Job Functions 1. Determine that carriers comply with all contractual obligations.
2. Conduct site visits to carrier terminal to observe garage/terminal and vehicle condition for compliance to PA State requirements
3. Ensure that Bus Safety Drills are conducted, including assisting schools if necessary.
4. Inspect carrier vehicles to ensure that they meet established state standards.
5. Reviews and documents drivers? licenses and other credentials
6. Build collaborative relationships with carriers to ensure that all driver information is current and complete.
7. Verify that all vehicles have current insurance cards.
8. Verify that all runs are being scheduled as detailed on route sheets.
9. Review criminal history checks, child abuse clearances, and physical exam reports for all drivers, working collaboratively with the legal office.
10. Intake, prepare and communicate bus incident and accident reports.
11. Assist schools with any Safety concerns they have with arrival and dismissal of students Additional Job Information This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Employee will be required to operate computer system for data entry and have the ability to complete necessary paperwork. This position requires minimal physical effort and is not typically subjected to Occupational Health and Safety risks.
1. Indoors in busy office, working in close proximity to co-workers.
2. Frequently required to work at a fast pace, under consistent short deadlines.
3. Requires considerable concentration and creativity and the ability to clearly distill large amounts of information.
4. Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload.
5. Considerable amount of phone, e-mail and written correspondence activity.
6. Entering, transcribing, recording, storing or maintaining information in both written and electronic form.
7. Must maintain a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania driver?s license and must maintain a dependable vehicle, including appropriate proof of automobile insurance.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990
Apply on company website