Pivot Onsite Innovations has an immediate need for an experienced and passionate Industrial Athletic Trainer at our client's site in Sacramento, California. distribution center. This position offers an opportunity to work at a dynamic work-site healthcare clinic and make an impact on employee health, wellness and safety! Great schedule Monday - Friday 8am- 4pm!
The Industrial Athletic Trainer will plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of a work-site injury management and health improvement program for employees on a full-time basis. They will work under the direction of the Pivot Onsite Innovations Medical Director to carry out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, ergonomic risk assessments and corrective action planning, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, physical conditioning and rehabilitation assistance, health education and coaching, and work-site health promotion and marketing activities.
- Perform wellness screening and coaching
- Provide first-aid treatment and case management for musculoskeletal complaints which will include the use of ice, heat and wellness stretches, massage, tape techniques, knowledge of non-rigid bracing
- Provide orthopedic injury assessments, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests
- Coordinate and implement treatment plans that incorporate therapeutic exercise, modalities and work conditioning as necessary
- Develop and implement site-specific wellness initiatives and programs
- Perform comprehensive ergonomic job risk analyses, including task analysis, risk factor identification and quantification, posture analysis, and body mechanics analysis
- Use innovative, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement ergonomics interventions
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner; Documentation may include patient files, invoices, monthly reports, budgets, expense reports, and outcomes tools.
- Perform data analysis to measure cost avoidance of prevention and early intervention actions
- Provide monthly and annual reports for rehab utilization, cost-savings, and cost-avoidance
- Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness
- Communicate regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested
- Author articles for various newsletters and the company Intranet site as needed
- The onsite Athletic Trainer does not provide rehabilitation services but will participate in education and injury prevention
- Perform as patient advocate for non-occupational injuries.
- Minimum of 2 years of athletic training experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Board Certified Athletic training certification
- State licensure certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Willing to travel to various client locations
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker's compensation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- Proficient with MS Office
- Previous ergonomic and/or occupational health experience is a plus
- CEAS and/or OSHA10 certification a plus
Apply on company website