Pivot Physical Therapy is now hiring for a passionate and talented Injury Prevention Specialist to join our Shipyard clinic in Newport News, VA! This is a part-time, benefits-eligible position (30-39 hours per week). Must be available to work some early and late hours. If you are interested in furthering your career and setting your future success, apply now!
The Injury Prevention Specialist will perform post-offer physical ability tests to include material handling and physical agility tests. This position will be responsible for collecting data, analyzing the data in comparison to required physical demands, determining whether an applicant can perform the physical demands of a position and completing reports for submission to a contracted corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet applicants and take them to a designated testing area.
- Conduct post-offer testing for industrial jobs.
- Assesses human motion to determine applicant's physical abilities
- Perform grip and pinch strength measures.
- Perform girth measurements.
- Perform material handling tests.
- Perform NIOSH static lift tests.
- Perform functional screens and agility tests.
- Perform treadmill and stair climber protocols.
- Perform dexterity protocols.
- Perform walk tests.
- Perform lift technique training.
- Perform efficient quality human motion (EQHM) movement training.
- Perform behavioral based safety training.
- Teach preferred work postures and injury risk recognition counter-strain techniques.
- Take photographs of tests and accumulate for printing.
- Print documents as needed.
- Prepare, correct, and print spreadsheets.
- Prepare Physical Ability Test reports for distribution to contracted company representatives.
- Ensure reports are sent out 1 working day after test completion.
- Keep supervisor up to date on progress of reports.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and ethical manner, with integrity and honesty.
- Cooperate, work, and communicate with coworkers, and supervisors to ensure a pleasant and professional work environment.
Required Education, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of human movement (Kinesiology), Physiology, and functional movement.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer software for word processing, spreadsheet creation and data entry.
- Ability to follow strict testing protocols.
- Ability to create positive relationships with clients, applicants, and company representatives.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and concerns easily.
- Ability to write concisely.
- Ability to speak clearly and understandably.
- Ability to organize workload effectively.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and operate proactively.
- Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience.
- Prior functional testing experience preferred.
- Ability to occasionally reach, bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to grasp and hold up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for limited periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to repeatedly sit, stand, and walk short distances.
- Ability to see and understand data on a computer screen.
- Ability to enter data into a computer via a keyboard.
- Ability to hear normal voice level communications in person or through the telephone.
- Ability to speak understandably.
- Ability to drive car for company errands, meetings, and other company locations.
- Basic vision corrected.
Apply on company website