Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Site Scheduler is responsible for production and inventory planning based on the business demand plan and customer orders. They serve customers by providing product and/or service information and coordinating the on-time delivery of finished products.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of production lines based on business demand, customer orders, and forecast.
- Maintains contact with customers and carriers regarding quality and service in conjunction with the quality department and corporate office.
- Reviews and maintains forecast, enters sales orders in an SAP system.
- Analysis of site capacity regarding supply and demand.
- Tells production staff which lines will run, specifically what product, and in what order of priority.
- Customer inventory reports and inventory.
- Formulates long-term production plans for dedicated lines to plan and account for inventory building.
- Liaison between customers/vendors and the accounting department.
- Responsible for ISO 9000 standards, work instructions, and quarterly audit reviews.
- Talks with customers by phone or in-person and receives orders.
- Coordinates bottle shortages with other plants and/or corporate office.
- Performs raw materials planner tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A.A.), APICS certification, or equivalent in 5 years related work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks, prioritizing the tasks at hand.
- Must be computer literate, SAP experience desired.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Self-motivated, team-orientated with strong communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, analytical skills, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Submit to and pass background check and drug screen.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Pet Insurance.
- Referral bonus program.
Apply on company website