Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Forklift Operator/Material Handler is responsible for the moving and storage of finished goods and raw materials. The Forklift Operator/Material Handler is also responsible for loading product for customer orders.
- Remove finished goods / raw materials to/from production lines and place in warehouse or production areas
- Responsible for equipment
- Establishes and maintains First In, First Out (FIFO) system of inventory with consideration for all products stored at all warehouses
- Adheres to all work instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices, and housekeeping procedures
- Loads and unload trailers
- Maintains a clean and orderly warehouse
- Responsible for the accuracy of all transactions and product scanning
- Loads finished goods for shipment to customers with industrial truck/material handling device
- Responsible repairing any damaged units
- Verify that the quality of the product sent outbound meets customer expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Responsible for Downstream Equipment Operations when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Team oriented
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have flexibility of job assignments
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must be able to read shipping and receiving documents
- Basic computer skills
- Physical effort required, continuous mental and visual attention required
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up stairs
- Manual dexterity
- Exposed to dust, odors, oil and noise
- Required to sit, stand, and move about the facility - - ability to operate a forklift up to 95% of scheduled working hours
- Overtime required per schedule, 7-day week operation
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Pet Insurance.
- Referral bonus program.
Apply on company website