Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Raw Material Handler is responsible for the efficient movement and storage of raw materials, accurate scanning, accurate material movements, and timely documentation. The Raw Material Handler is also responsible for loading product for STOs and vendor returns. In addition, the Raw Material Handler is responsible for the unloading of inbound raw materials as directed by the Raw Material Area Leader.
- Ability to adhere to the attendance and punctuality policy.
- Follows all safety requirements, policies and reports any unsafe conditions to a leader.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times, monitors team members for safe practices and mentors best methods.
- Operate and monitor assigned machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Functions effectively within a team environment.
- Responsible for the completion of all required training and technical criteria with in a defined time period.
- Attends all team meetings as required.
- Follows all company policies and work rules including but not limited to 6S (housekeeping), GMP, Lean Manufacturing practices and BOS quality system.
- Transfer raw materials as required to production storage locations and return unused production materials to storage locations
- Accurate scanning and timely material movements of in-house raw materials
- Adheres to all work instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping procedures
- Complete all company paperwork timely and accurately following the work instructions in BOS.
- Utilizes approved work instructions for storage, transfer and loading of raw materials
- Utilization of approved ERP system for all transactions
- Load/unload shuttle trailers/vendor deliveries
- Maintain clean and orderly work area
- Responsible for the accuracy of all transactions and product scanning
- Load raw materials for shipment/returns to vendor, and transfers to other facilities
- Document all shipments both inbound and outbound using the proper material documents
- Repair/repackaging of damaged product or supplies which occurred on shift or as directed
- Verify that the quality of the product sent inbound/outbound meets customer expectations
- Communication within team and other teams as necessary to ensure process efficiency
- Identify and report the discovery of any non-conforming raw materials promptly
- Responsible for recommending improvements to work instructions
- Report faulty equipment including scanners, Hilo's, and VRC's.
- Participate in physical inventories.
- Maintains various daily reports in SAP as required.
- Move and handle finished goods as required to receive, record production, store in specified location and/or load trailers for transfer or customer orders.
- Recommends and assists in implementing measures to improve site and company processes, resource utilization, quality of product and waste reduction.
- Load finished goods for shipment to customers
- Perform duties and tasks as assigned to ensure efficient, balanced and effective use of all resources.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- All other miscellaneous related duties and functions as may be assigned by leadership.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Technically oriented and knowledgeable in manufacturing systems.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in computer programs.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Meets MIOSHA / OSHA Operator Selection Rule 2151 (R408.12151)
- Must be able to operate a forklift safely and be able to explain the basic safety features of the forklift including lifting capacities
- Must be able to read shipping and receiving documents
- Must be able to make basic mathematical calculations
- Experience with computers or scanning equipment desired
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5+ years of relevant Hi Lo driving experience, military experience a plus
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to push or pull bins and carts, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Pet Insurance.
- Referral bonus program.
Apply on company website