Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Janitor reports to the Maintenance Coordinator and is responsible for ensuring that all areas of the plant are clean..
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Maintain positive and safe culture by completing monthly 360 training, safety observations, and near miss observations
- Report food safety issues
- Follow all safety requirements, policies and reports any unsafe conditions to a leader
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times, monitor team members for safe practices and mentor best methods
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Responsible for the completion of all required training and technical criteria within a defined time period
- Attend all team meetings as required
- Follow all company policies and work rules including but not limited to: 6S (housekeeping), GMP, Lean Manufacturing practices and BOS quality system
- Participate in the development and implementation of line improvements
- Accounting for MRO materials on work orders
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms
- Scrub all floor areas of the plant
- Ensure all conference rooms are clean
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, and scrub floors and stairs
- Restock supplies in the bathrooms, break room, and common areas
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary
- Maintain janitor closets and equipment in a clean, organized manner and operable condition
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
- Empty all office trash cans
- Perform spring cleaning of the parking lot and yard
- Maintain janitorial and safety supplies
- Snow removal on the side walks
- Maintain plant dumpster
- Miscellaneous related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2 years of relevant cleaning/maintenance experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience
- Technically oriented and knowledgeable in manufacturing systems
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in computer programs
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Lifting Requirements: 0 – 100+ lbs.
- Vision Requirements: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Constant: Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to hear. Lift and/or move up to 15lbs.
- Frequent: Stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Occasional: Sit and climb or balance. Lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- Endure the following each day:
- Standing: 50%
- Walking: 50%
- Working Inside: 90%
- Working Outside: 10%
- Environment: Exposed to high levels of noise
Apply on company website