Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The line technician is responsible for un-jamming the down stream equipment and packing of a quality container in accordance with customer and / or site specification. Required to perform any or all of the following job duties.
- Visually inspect product for nonconformance. Dispose of nonconforming product in an appropriately marked container.
- Notify Process Technician and Quality Technician of any quality issues.
- Notify Process Technician of any line problems.
- Ticketing of HDPE units and totes
- Relieve co-workers as needed.
- Operate all machinery in a safe manner.
- Coordinate and direct personnel from the contract labor service.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Complete all in-process quality checks and testing.
- Maintain inventory and production schedule along with required paperwork.
- Assist in maintaining downstream equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Team oriented.
- Self-motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Manual dexterity, good hand eye coordination.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Strong mathematics.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Computer Literate.
- Regularly stand / walk for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to bend, reach and move around facility
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website