Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and trouble shoots to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Maintain electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repair and/or replace electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installation of production equipment.
- Test production equipment for operational ability.
- Adjusts equipment as authorized by supervision to center-lining process.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Responsible for adhering to BOS and SAP standards and activities.
- Knowledge of and focus on site's quality, reliability, scrap and safety goals.
- Operate in safe manner observing all site safety policies and procedures.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or B.S. degree in related field or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals as demonstrated by pre-hire or pre-promotion screening, interview process or other designated methods.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as verified through pre-hire or pre-promotion testing or verifiable references.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations as it applies to equipment operation as demonstrated by pre-hire or pre-promotion screening.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as verified by pre-hire or pre-promotion interviews and testing.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical and dental insurance (includes a vision discount program)
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website