Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.Position Description:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring production machinery is properly maintained and adjusted, both for scheduled maintenance and for emergency repairs as necessary.Responsibilities:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and troubleshoots to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance and be available as a resource if adjustments are necessary to ensure the machine is running properly and efficiently at the rated speed and quality standards.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Verifies that all necessary tools are set for all scheduled mold changes or PM's.
- Start, stop, and monitor proper operating conditions in systems room including high/low air and water.
- Conduct chemical water treatment directly (or as back-up through cross training efforts).
- Handle systems room preventative maintenance and unscheduled breakdowns directly (or as back-up through cross training efforts).
- Handle all systems room equipment to include water towers, Belliss, chillers, high and medium Atlas compressor, air dryers, etc. directly (or as back-up through cross training efforts).
- Direct and lead Production Technicians on how to best operate production equipment.
- Maintain GMP practices are followed by keeping area clean and orderly by putting all tools and parts away.
- Maintain ISO and Food Safety standards.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree, Technical School training, or equivalent work experience and training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving ability.
- Leadership ability and a willingness to share/teach your knowledge to others.
- Team oriented with the ability to take direction from other departmental managers.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Injection experience is preferred but not required.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website