Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Night-Shift Assistant Warehouse Leader is responsible for assisting the North Warehouse Leader and directing the work of the finished goods forklift drivers.
- Supervision of the warehouse forklift drivers on their shift.
- Enforce and verify adherence to all procedures within company and OSHA, Food Safety, Corporate/Site Quality System, Operational Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Assure the internal and external flow of finished products is maintained per established site/corporate procedures.
- Safe operation of forklift, slip-sheet and/or clamp truck in the warehouse area.
- Supervision of the Finished Goods Hi/Lo Drivers and Shipping Coordinator.
- Training of new associates; including contract labor.
- Address any maintenance needs for structure, docks or lift trucks.
- Interview and evaluate Logistics personnel related to assigned shift.
- Implementing work instructions as they pertain to ISO and Food Safety Standards.
- Ensure proper staffing to meet daily requirements and recognize the need for additional staffing and resources.
- Responsible for the accuracy of transactions, product scanning, and finished goods inventory.
- Assure product is preloaded/staged as per outbound schedule, product is shipped in FIFO sequence and the dock utilization is maintained.
- Recommend measures to improve logistics procedures, resource utilization, and quality of product.
- Evaluate product storage and oversee the consolidation of product
- Perform inventory duties as required and maintain clean and orderly warehouse
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to work a 12 hour Night Shift rotation.
- At least two years (or more) of warehouse experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Capability to follow and give instructions with strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, working with Windows based programs.
- Ability to build an effective work team utilizing good leadership traits in a professional manner.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website