Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Plastipak is seeking a tax professional to work in our Global Business and Technology Center located in Plymouth, Michigan. This position offers excellent opportunities to join our Tax Team!
- Prepare personal property tax renditions and sales/use tax returns.
- Assist with personal property and sales/use tax audits.
- Review real and personal property tax bills, and process for payment.
- Research personal property and sales tax issues, and provide transactional support.
- Research tax incentives and abatements, and prepare schedules for reporting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of annual property and sales tax budgets for the operating sites.
- Prepare property and sales tax accruals, and periodically review and adjust as needed.
- Prepare miscellaneous annual reports and business tax returns, and supporting schedules.
- Maintain database of dues dates for assigned tasks.
- Research tax planning opportunities.
- Assist with other miscellaneous tax projects as assigned.
- Opportunities to expand and contribute in the area of state and local income tax compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 2 - 3 years of property and sales tax experience with a background in manufacturing and transportation; multi-state tax experience and strong tax accounting skills a plus.
- Public accounting or large corporate experience preferred.
- Strong written, oral and computer skills (preferably Word, Excel and Access).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- SAP experience helpful.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website