Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for monitoring all aspects of raw materials within the site.
- Manages accurate and timely levels of raw material inventories.
- Assures that raw materials are appropriately stored.
- Accountable for delivery of materials to conversion process.
- Communicate with vendors of raw materials on a consistent basis to assure both quality and quantity of products.
- Manages data for off-quality processes with vendors, including communication, reports, meetings, and follow-up.
- Maintains and reviews inventory levels within the SAP system on daily basis.
- Interacts with other areas of the site and organization to coordinate raw materials process.
- Works in conjunction with Corporate Procurement group for establishing and maintaining raw material planning values and purchasing contracts, as well as vendor management processes and score carding.
- Follows and enforces all company and local work rules, safety rules and policies, BOS work instructions and SAP standards and activities.
- Initiate action for food safety issues.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field or combination of education and related experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong analytical and math skills as verified by pre-hire or pre-promotion screening, testing, transcripts and/or references.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated in context of interview and verifiable references.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for the position as demonstrated in context of interview and verifiable references.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website