Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all outbound and inbound shipments, trailers and docks at the outside warehouse. This position works under the direction of the lead driver and the warehouse leader.
- Maintains and adheres to work instructions for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling/disposition of finished goods and inventory accuracy.
- Maintains and utilizes modified FIFO inventory at all storage locations.
- Responsible for transaction accuracy, finished goods inventory and process reliability.
- Transfer of finished goods from transfer trailers to designated storage locations.
- Document all shipments, both inbound and outbound.
- Verifies adherence to all procedures within Safety, Food Safety, Corporate/site Quality, standard operations and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintains communication between shifts, teams and departments as necessary to execute business processes.
- Provides instruction to shuttle drivers regarding transfers to outside warehouses
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years of warehouse experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Capability to follow and give instructions.
- Able to handle workflow and situations in a professional manner.
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good computer skills, working with Windows based programs.
- Submit to and pass background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website