Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Site Accountant is responsible for maintaining integrity of accounts payable. Track site expenses, comparing and reporting variances to plan. They ensure customer-billing accuracy through auditing of sales, forecasts, and projections. They are responsible for the proper identification, movement, and disposal of Fixed Assets at the site.
- Creates purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Matching Invoices to PO, identifying errors in receiving or billing.
- Research supplier invoices that have been applied to Purchase Orders but blocked from payment.
- Review open requisitions in preparation for Month End.
- Audit Master Records in PICS for accurate data and ensure pricing is complete.
- Tracking and Reporting of Operating Expenses and Labor. Research variances for Actual cost to Plan.
- Weekly reporting of Labor, Cost, Sales, and Reliability to Management.
- Identify and coordinate tagging of Fixed Assets as they are purchased.
- Track the transfer of Fixed Assets in, out, and around the site; audit accuracy of Assets Cost Center Allocation.
- Weekly & Monthly Review of Cost Center & General Ledger postings for accuracy
- P-card review and consolidation of associated paperwork
- Track distribution of Petty Cash and Reconcile Petty Cash Box.
- Involvement with other departments for additional responsibilities and special projects.
- Assist with Quarterly Account Analysis
- Manage office supplies; balance demand with funds available based on budget.
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Follows all company policies and work rules including but not limited to 6S (housekeeping), GMP, Lean Manufacturing practices and BOS quality system.
- Miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in computer programs (Excel, Word, SAP preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot in the absence of all data
- Team Oriented and Self-Motivated.
- Four year degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website