Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
To organize and coordinate the activities and staff of a warehouse operation. To operate a forklift safely and efficiently while transporting finished goods to the warehouse, transporting finished goods to and from trailers, and moving raw materials, parts, etc. as required.
- Operate forklift safely, following all quality procedures, and with regard to pedestrians and other lifts, in open and tight areas.
- Perform all required checks when loading trucks or trailers.
- Keep accurate paperwork and submit all required paperwork to the proper authority.
- Maintain organized facilities including the placement of all materials in designated locations, including maintaining cleanliness of warehouse and designated plant areas.
- Take physical inventories as directed.
- Utilize the supplied computer system to perform certain job duties.
- Supervision and accountability over all forklift operators and warehouse administrators including the administration of the progressive disciplinary program consistent with Plastipak policies.
- Participate in annual and probationary performance reviews.
- Have in-depth knowledge of policies related to safety, GMP, WCP, and all applicable supervisory guidelines.
- Communicate with customers and transportation vendors when circumstances require..
- Perform all activities associated with the shipping and receiving of items other than customer product.
- Maintain sufficient levels of production inputs (i.e. pallets, top frames, slip sheets, etc.).
- Associates degree in relevant major and/or 3-5 years of relevant warehousing experience (preferably in manufacturing environment)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong Leadership skills
- Able to multitask in a faced-paced environment
- Possess strong safety focus
- Technically oriented and knowledgeable in manufacturing systems
- Strong Decision making skills with limited information
- Independent thinker and effective troubleshooter
- Meets all Material Handler Requirements
- Prior experience in warehousing operations and forklift operations
- Initiate and document process improvements
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website