Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Warehouse Leader is responsible for all phases of facility storage and shipping operations in a safe and efficient manner. The Warehouse Leader is also responsible for the supervision of Finished Goods and Raw Material Product Handlers assigned to shift.
- Hands-on leader that direct shift Logistics associates.
- Primary after hours customer contact.
- Monitors and manages shipping functions.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as type, quantity and specification of product.
- Coordinates warehouse activities to ensure production and quality of product meets specifications.
- Reviews warehouse reports and resolves warehouse, inventory and shipping/receiving problems to minimize costs and ensure proper logistics operations.
- Inspects warehouse equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Reviews work instructions, and ensures compliance with ISO standards.
- Initiate action for food safety issues.
- Compiles stores and retrieves warehouse data from PICS (SAP) and logistics systems.
- Maintains a high level of housekeeping and safety in the Warehouse and general facility.
- Ensures that the Site Quality policy, Operational procedures, GMP, Safety policies and High standards of performance are maintained at all times.
- Must be able to build a strong working relationship with all departments.
- Relieves Material Handlers for breaks and meals.
- Ensure there is coverage for vacations.
- Ensures that all materials to fulfill the work orders are present.
- Works with other Logistics Team Leaders to conduct monthly warehouse meetings.
- Monitors Quality Documentation ensuring compliance.
- Works with new team members to train on logistics procedures and equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring warehouse data is correctly entered into PICS.
- Associate's degree or higher.
- Must have 3 to 5 years demonstrated (a) leadership abilities (b) developmental abilities (c) motivational abilities (d) decision making abilities.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Able to manage and measure work assignments.
- Conflict management skills.
- Action oriented and results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Possess time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Flexibility in schedule and work assignment.
- Responsible for monitoring sales orders to ensure on-time pickups of customer orders.
- Works with Logistics Manager with regards to the performance evaluation for Material Handlers.
- All other duties as assigned.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website