Job ID: 8848
Job Summary and Purpose:
The AP Admin will contribute in the accounting/finance functions, coordinate human resources actions and activities, and support with administrative tasks. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- day to day accounting functions including A/R and A/P, responsible for reviewing invoices, deposits, GL and job/labour cost coding, bank reconciliations, petty cash, WIP and CNESST.
- Liaises with operations and customers to resolve issues or questions.
- Ensures all required accounting functions and reporting are completed by the required deadlines. Coordinates and trouble-shoots period end activities, acts as the point of contact for finance, answers question, provides reports/data as required.
- Coordinates human resources/payroll functions; including staffing, on-boarding and exiting of salaried staff; overseeing employment, staffing and payroll functions for hourly workers including CCQ requirements; ensuring appropriate administration and management of employee records; in consultation with Human Resources provides updates and interpretation of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to job/project files maintaining related job files and documentation, ensuring the timeliness and integrity of the data related to cost coding for labour, equipment and other expenses.
- Provides support to other functions that include ensuring internal controls and policies are in place and adhered to, assistance in year-end audit activities, preparation of budgets and forecasts, determination of cash flow needs, insurance and bonding as related to tenders, contracts and equipment, government tax and payroll audits, equipment fleet and special projects.
- coordinates and directs work flow and assignment of tasks, approves leaves, recruitment, training/development, management of performance and discipline of staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Training or Experience:
- High School graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary degree or diploma program in accounting, finance, commerce or HR.
- Accounting designation or pursuit of a designation is an asset.
- workplace experience including managing an office or an equivalent combination of education, and training.
- Experience in the construction industry or project based environment an asset.
- Experience working with an ERP system is required; JD Edwards is preferred.
Talents & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the accounting cycle including payroll administration.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency using an integrated finance/accounting database system, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relationships, establish trust and reach agreement.
- Excellent analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and work to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to lead self, manage others and work in a team environment.
- Ability to dedicate additional time in order to complete time sensitive tasks such as bid documents, and audits, as required.
- Willing to take additional training, company provided or other to better the business unit.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. It is designed to provide a guideline with respect to the primary areas of responsibility. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website