Job ID: 4746
Job Summary and Purpose
Reporting to the Foreman or designate, the Operator performs a variety of tasks related to the operation of heavy construction and maintenance of way equipment in the construction and maintenance of track.
1. Operates heavy construction equipment to move, load or unload materials.
2. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
3. Installs equipment or attachments on machinery or related structures.
4. Performs equipment safety, maintenance checks and routine repairs.
5. Repairs and maintains equipment, making emergency adjustments as necessary.
6. Signals directions or warnings to coworkers.
7. Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
8. Locates underground services, such as pipes, wires, prior to beginning work.
9. Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
10. Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
11. Pushes other equipment when extra traction or assistance if required.
12. Performs other duties as required.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Minimum one year experience operating heavy equipment in a construction environment.
• Valid Commercial Driver's License and a clean driver's license.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions; read and interpret document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, construction specifications, and procedure manuals.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Ability to pass pre-employment background checks including drug screening
• Ability to drive Manual transmission
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website