Job ID: 4865
Assist the Project Controls Manager in the development of business unit scheduling and project controls standard operating procedure. Work with Project Teams to implement company standard project scheduling processes and procedures. This may include training project team members on understanding principles of project scheduling and controls as well as use of tools. Constant evaluation of levels of proficiencies in areas of project controls will also be required. Active hands on assistance with weekly reviews, bid schedules and resource demand forecasting.Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead short term and long term planning for construction activities using Primavera P6.
- Update construction and engineering updates of the master schedule using P6.
- Review projects to schedule status. May require assisting project with process.
- Assist with project controls and reporting aspects of subcontract management process.
- Assist in the implementation of project progress monitoring measurement system.
- Assist in initial project set up, short term planning and overall project scheduling duties.
- Assist with troubleshooting of projects.
- Oversee progress entry process
- Perform interim schedule evaluations, delay analysis for contractual notifications
- 3-5 years in construction industry, preferably in rail transportation industry.
- Experience on large multi scope construction projects is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of project management practices which includes understanding contracts, planning & scheduling, cost control, earned value and change management.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems, experience with JDE a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with creating and working with Microsoft excel documents
- Excellent Scheduling skills. With Primavera P6
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Works in an office and job site environments
- Frequently sits for long periods of time
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website