Job ID: 5344
The Heavy equipment Operator will be reporting to the Foreman or designate in charge. The Operator performs a variety of tasks related to the operation of heavy construction and maintenance of way equipment in the construction and maintenance of track.
• Operates heavy construction equipment to move, load or unload materials.
• Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
• Performs equipment safety, maintenance checks and routine repairs.
• Repairs and maintains equipment, making emergency adjustments as necessary.
• Signals directions or warnings to coworkers.
• Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
• Locates underground services, such as pipes, wires, prior to beginning work.
• Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
• Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
• Pushes other equipment when extra traction or assistance if required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of experience operating Loader and other heavy equipment in a construction environment.
• Valid Commercial Driver's License and a clean driver's license.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions; read and interpret document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, construction specifications, and procedure manuals.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Works outdoors at construction sites.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
• Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
• Exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
• Ability to work Days, Afternoons and Night shift
• Travel required
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website