Job ID: 5088
The Estimator (Civil) is responsible for completing and tracking all bids. Prepares take-offs, schedules and proposals, develops bids and leads the buy-out process.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Junior Estimator
- Lead the preparation of cost estimates, schedules and proposals.
- Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from prior estimates, purchase agreements and subcontracts in order to gain information for current bids.
- Reviews contract documents and attends pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimates.
- Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Reads and interprets contract documents relating to the assigned specific divisions.
- Analyzes and evaluates bids from subcontractors for their completeness and accuracy in scope of work.
- Prepares accurate quantity surveys and take-offs.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2+ years of construction estimating experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil engineering, Construction Engineering or a related field.
- Knowledge of plan reading and interpretation.
- Proficiency in reviewing contract documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Hard Dollar or inEight
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Generally works indoors, with some onsite/outdoor work.
- Frequently sits, stands, walks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
- May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- May be exposed to loud noise.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website