Job ID: 5425
This position will report to the Track Manager or designate. Responsibilities are varied but include; Customer interaction, Scheduling flagging resources, auditing of Flagging, document control, briefing new Rules/Procedures, Coordinating the timely delivery of services and updating Managers and Project Coordinators. Track Protection Supervisor is accountable for a multitude of Track Protection related tasks in accordance with Railway rules and instructions. This includes but is not limited to safety, documentation control, scheduling, resource management, field communication, and work block submissions.
Primary / Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the oversight of the application of Track Protection in various forms on a daily basis within the Flagging Department. E.g. TOP, Rule 842, Rule 841, and Safety Watch. Provide reports as required to the Management team.
- Oversee and partake in the submittals for various projects, including Capital and Construction works and Third-Party projects. This includes but is not limited to work block submittals, and planning/scheduling track protection resources, and training qualifications.
- Ensure all payrolls are accurate in regard to hours and cost coding of work being completed. In addition, ensure that all billable hours to the customer are translated into DFA's as part of the monthly invoice.
- Oversees development and ongoing maintenance of the Track Protection schedule. You will work directly with Managers, other supervisors, Third Party Contractors, and the PNR Track department to ensure that all required Track Protection is captured ensuring proper coverage of all work is achieved. You will ensure the Track Protection schedule is accurate given an expectation of numerous daily/weekly changes.
- Oversees the management of Track Protection on projects within the Flagging Department. In addition you will ensure that the Track Protection plan is strictly adhered to by all field employees working on projects maintaining proper compliance to all rules and instructions and minimize risk to on time performance.
- Will maintain frequent internal contact with management across all branches within PNR and the customer to discuss/resolve Track Protection issues, contact with management during presentations may involve seeking approvals, and responding to enquiries.
- Generally works on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures within broad policies of PNR and any customers we work with.
- Errors in judgement by the Track Protection Supervisor could result in significant safety concerns, disruption to revenue operations and service resulting in loss of revenue to the customer and liquidated damages to PNR, non-fulfilment of contract budget commitments and other financial goals, damage to PNR's corporate image and credibility.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Clients.
- Tracking and collection of documentation for extra work, submittals and backup for training and billing purposes.
- Acts as a leader in Safety and Quality by adhering to and promoting plans, policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary engineering or technical program in a related field is preferred.
- CN Qualified Flagger with 2-5 years of experience.
- Exceptional analytical, planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with a team.
- Self-motivated, innovative, committed and honest.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture.
Talents and Abilities:
- Must possess a sound judgement with highly developed management, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment and meet demanding timelines.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand diagrams and schematics.
- Must possess the ability to pay attention to detail at a high level.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-disciplined teams while dealing with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships would be an asset.
- A demonstrated ability to motivate and influence a diverse group of internal and external contract stakeholders to achieve the goals of the contract would be an asset.
- The ability to display tact and diplomacy to articulate contract requirements and obtain co- operation and approval from each stakeholder.
- Ability to assess and reorganize priorities to suit changing requirements.
- Capable of resolving conflicts between diverse groups and individuals.
- Familiarity with computers and computer-based techniques/applications related to the work are essential.
- Must have a valid driving license for the Province of Ontario with clean driving record and ability to travel as required.
- Overnight travel to job sites may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor construction sites in all weather conditions.
- Work is in and around live track (trains).
- Work may be in urban, rural or isolated areas.
- Generally based in both in a field and office environment with frequent site visits required to customer asset locations to check in on direct reports, internal work groups, external agencies, contractors, consultants.
- Must have the ability to work outside of normal office hours, including weekends; PNR runs a 24/7 operation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website