Job ID: 9381
Job Summary and Purpose:
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Project Engineer will contribute to the overall success of the testing program for complex, large scale transit and rail signals and communication projects. The Project Engineer will plan testing activities, track test log resolution, and report on overall progress interfacing will project management, engineering, owners, and owner's representatives.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review test plans and procedures, identify predecessors and interdependencies. Prepare a schedule based on logical relationship between test plans and procedures. Track progress against schedule, identify deficiencies and resolve so as not to impact testing program.
- Review and track test logs and change requests working with the Tester in Charge and Lead Testers. Work with design engineering teams to ensure timely resolution to test logs following the engineering change notice (ECN) process.
- Prepares and reviews various technical deliverables including test procedures, correlations / as-builts, requests for information (RFI), derogations, and Field Change Notices (FCN).
- Assists the testing and commissioning activities in the preparation of test plans and work plans.
- Monitors, tracks and reports weekly testing progress.
- Assists the estimating staff in the preparation of take-offs, estimates, and budgets by providing technical reviews of specifications and other bid documents together with construction input.
- Reviews contract documents and attends pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimates – technical content focus.
- Conducts field studies taking precise measurements and making detailed technical sketches.
- Prepares technical reports.
- Maintains robust engineering / technical submission processes & procedures.
- Assists Project Managers with technical compliance and oversight of construction quality
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in project engineering.
- Experience testing complex electrical / electronic controls systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Experience with railway signals, controls, and communication would be an asset.
- Works indoors and onsite/outdoor.
- Frequently sits, stands, walks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard.
- May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- Travel up to 35% of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website