Job ID: 10969
Reporting to the Vice President - Client Services, the QA/QC Manager develops, enforces and oversees the Quality Management System (QMS) of PNR RailWorks Inc. (PNR). Manages the activities of the quality team to ensure that the standards as set forth by PNR, customer requirements, contract obligations and statutes/regulations are complied with.Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads and guides PNR's Quality Department.
- Develops, implements and maintains project-specific quality programs and processes to meet or exceed quality goals, expectations and plans.
- Develops, oversees and reviews project-specific inspection test plans (ITP) to identify applicable inspections, tests, monitoring activities to be performed to confirm that the work complies with acceptance criteria.
- Reviews and approves work methodology plans before submitting to customer to define work scope, quality requirements and work methods involved.
- Oversees quality testing and inspections; evaluates applicable activities through reviews, audits, assessments, and inspections to minimize risk and to assess effectiveness of quality control programs.
- Identifies quality-related project training needs, develops materials, and oversees training.
- Provides certification of compliance of construction and materials with design plans and specifications; oversees the submittal of final certification documents.
- Conducts periodic site visits to review field Quality effectiveness.
- Interacts with other quality professionals as well as management team members on all quality issues; effectively identifies and resolves issues.
- Tracks, investigates, oversees and closeout customer complaints and non-conformities.
- Oversees deficiency reports, determines dispositions, tracks resolution progress and verifies completion prior to project closure.
- Directs the removal and replacement of non-conforming work and ceases production that is not in compliance with contract standards.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier activities, products, and reports for adherence to quality procedures and standards, project specifications, and applicable codes.
- Identifies gaps and potential changes in quality standards that affect project operations.
- Oversees and champions PNR's management review process
- Generally works on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews and reports on the impact of new or revised regulatory requirements on the project quality program/plan.
- Develops and analyzes metrics to measure effectiveness of quality control programs, and reports results.
- Hires, trains, and manages performance of staff.
- Handles quality-related recordkeeping and reporting.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in quality preferably in the construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the current ISO 9001 requirements.
- Railroad experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of construction contracts, plans, specifications and applicable codes.
- Experience with quality program implementation, measurement, and reporting.
- Experience with effectively identifying and resolving quality-related issues.
- Exhibits strong management skills and has the ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and training skills.
- Effective client relations, influencing skills and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must possess a sound judgment with developed organizational, interpersonal, oral/written communication, and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplined teams while dealing with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to work as a member of a large multi company organization.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals set forth.
- Ability to assess and reorganize priorities to suit changing requirements.
- Familiarity with computers and computer based techniques/applications related to the work are essential.
- Must have a valid driving license with a clean driving record and ability to travel as required.
- Availability to work nights / weekends, as needed.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Works outdoors at construction sites and as well as indoors.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
- Sits, reads, writes and uses a keyboard.
- May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- May be exposed to loud noise.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website