Job ID: 3026
PNR RailWorks is the leading subcontractor in new rail construction and rail maintenance in Canada, covering projects from new track construction, maintenance to large signalling upgrade projects. With the rail industry continuing to grow, we are looking for experienced individuals in the electrical and civil construction fields. PNR offers a competitive salary, benefits, vacation and RRSP's. Apply today!!
Operates Tamper in a safe manner to perform maintenance and construction activities in the repair and rebuilding of track structure.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operates tamping machines to compact earth fills, foundation forms, and finished road materials, according to grade specifications.
- Replaces materials such as rail, ties, switch components, crossing planks, and other track materials.
- Inspects and maintains trucks and attached apparatuses such as boom, hi-rail gear, tools, etc.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs equipment safety and maintenance checks, making emergency adjustments as necessary.
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Studies instructions, plans, and diagrams to establish work requirements.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drives machines onto truck trailers, and drive trucks to transport machines and material to and from job sites.
- Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience operating heavy equipment in a construction environment.
- A valid Commercial Driver's License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
- Experience using hand tools, power tools and hydraulic equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- English language (written and spoken) required
- Works outdoors at construction sites and may be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as standing, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending and handling of materials, equipment and tools.
- Uses hands and fingers to grasp, manipulate, and/or assemble objects and tools.
- Lifts, pushes, pulls, and carries heavy objects, machinery and tools up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Exposed to loud noise.
- Walking for several miles each day on un-even surfaces.
- Significant travel away from home is required, rotating shifts, overtime, weekends and some night work.
- May be exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
- Must wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection, as required by the company.
- Working with hazardous materials including, but not limited to various petroleum products and will have regular exposure to dusty conditions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website