Job ID: 4141
Reporting to the Track Supervisor, the Thermite Welding Foreman is to complete day-to-day tasks by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction. Thermite Welders build and repair railroad track in a heavy construction and maintenance environment.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Embrace PNR Railworks' safety culture and adhere to industry and company policies and procedures.
• Basic track work duties; spiking, anchoring and surfacing.
• Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on small and large industrial equipment.
• Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
• Operates equipment per safety policies, rules and regulations.
• Inspects equipment, diagnoses problems and notifies supervisor of the need to repair equipment.
• Keeps records and prepares reports of maintenance work.
• Responsibly operates company vehicles and/or equipment and ensures all daily maintenance. and inspections of the units are completed.
• Performs special duties as assigned by the Thermite Welding Foreman.
• Performs any administrative duties related to proper documentation as per the PNR Railworks-Client Services Division Quality Management System.
• Supports the Thermite Welding Foreman to ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work, including labour, tools, equipment and material.
• Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, company policies and procedures.
• Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• Track Inspection Guidelines certification is an asset.
• Experience in Railtech Boutet, Inc., Orgo-Thermit, Inc.Thermite Welding Processes an asset.
• Experienced in the use of Oxygen/Propane cutting and preheating processes an asset.
• Experienced in general railroad track work; such as rail cutting, rail measuring, rail removal and replacement, switch configuration, track construction and restoration of an asset.
• Knowledge of Canadian Railway Operating Rules; certification is an asset.
• Ability to read and understand project specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans and specifications.
• Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
• Knowledge of the Thermite Welding process and welding properties of various types of metals an asset.
• Ability to understand and follow safety policies, rules and regulations.
• Strong client relation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Valid Ontario class G driver's license at minimum.
• DZ licensed an asset.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties:
• Works outdoors at construction sites, typically on night shift
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches.
• Uses hands to operate equipment and tools.
• Performs heavy physical labor; may lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise, dust and fumes.
• Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection as required by the company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website