Reporting to the Operations Manager or designate, the Track Superintendent provides overall technical expertise and leadership for the urban transit system trackwork construction. While doing so, the Track Superintendent oversees and manages all phases of railway track construction and maintenance projects including coordinating workers, materials and equipment, supervising sub-contractors, ensuring that specifications are being followed and that work is completed safely, on schedule and within budget.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of Track Superintendent:
• Provide training and instruction on ballasted track and special trackwork construction;
• Provide training and instruction on direct fixation track and special trackwork construction;
• Provide training and instruction on bi-block track construction;
• Analyze technical terms of reference: functional requirements, performance requirements and project constraints;
• Participate in meetings with client, subcontracted engineering firms, suppliers, operators and project owner;
• Analyze and review project technical documents as delivered by engineering firms to ensure that terms of reference are respected and that proposed technical solutions are competitive;
• Oversee resources deployed and ensure their proper allocation including scheduling labor, equipment, materials;
• Perform in-depth review of drawings, designs and contract documentation;
• Supervise and steer all construction and maintenance efforts in the field to ensure work is performed in accordance with design, budget and schedule;
• Review and monitor quality standards of all work, including sub-contractor performances;
• Ensure that workers' productivity and use of materials and equipment meet our dedicated requirements;
• Review weekly reports showing progresses made vs resources used and take any proper actions to ensure we meet our targets;
• Monitor costs and ensure that established budgets for the project are fully abided for;
• Monitor job schedules and coordinate sub-contractors' work and suppliers' deliveries and equipment needs, taking appropriate action as necessary;
• Ensure all field personnel comply with Company policies, project procedures, safety program and work rules, taking corrective action as necessary;
• Oversee preparation of written reports and/or updates for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
• Ten (10) years of urban transit system trackwork construction experience.
• High School graduation plus post-secondary training in a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
• Fifteen (15) years of recent railroad-related construction experience including thorough knowledge of construction industry practices, methods and process.
• Ten (10) years of demonstrated experience applying knowledge of basic project controls, material management, contract management, subcontract management.
• Valid CROR certification.
• Current First Aid, WHMIS.
• Track record of successfully executing projects on schedule and within budget.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website