In this fast-paced, high energy environment where great guest service is essential, how do we ensure all of our banquet guests are happy with our service? As a Banquet Houseman, you will have a genuine passion for guest service, top notch organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Set up rooms as outlined in the Banquet Event Order (BEO) to include arranging tables and chairs, and dressing tables with linen, pitcher, drip tray, pads, pens, and candy. Additional items included in the BEO for set-up may include portable staging, dance floor, pipe and drape, portable bars, as well as guest packages shipped here for events.
- *Break down and clean up rooms after catering events.
- *Maintain a clean, well-stocked, and safe working environment.
- *Maintain complete knowledge of event details to better anticipate guest needs.
- *Maintain thorough knowledge of casino and hotel in order to answer guest inquiries and provide directions.
- Work at other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 6 months of banquet experience are preferred.
- The ability to successfully achieve Responsible Alcohol and ServSafe certification within 90 days.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and fractions.
- The ability to read and interpret written instructions and diagrams.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website