In this fast-paced, high energy environment where great guest service is essential, how do we ensure our guests have a great dining experience? As a Buffet Server, you will have a genuine passion for guest service, and the ability to work well in a team. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Take and serve beverage orders accurately.
- *Greet guests with a friendly expression of acknowledgement. Assess, anticipate, and attend to guest needs or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- *Operate and clean all equipment in server stations, including beverage dispensing systems and coffee machines.
- *Use point-of-sale (POS) system to accurately enter orders, dispense correct change, and process credit card and other payment transactions. Ensure proper procedures are followed for handling of financial transactions, including balancing bank to sales report.
- *Monitor responsible alcohol service to guests.
- *Maintain a clean, well-stocked, and safe working environment.
- *Maintain complete knowledge of menu items, beverage selections, specials, promotions, events, and policies.
- *Maintain thorough knowledge of casino and hotel in order to answer guest inquiries and provide directions.
- Work in other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 6 months of related experience are preferred.
- Experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems preferred.
- The ability to successfully achieve Responsible Alcohol and ServSafe certifications within 90 days.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, sit, and move freely throughout the property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a point-of-sale (POS) system. The team member may be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 20 pounds on a regular basis and up to 60 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be exposed to foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website