In this fast-paced, high energy environment where attention to detail is essential, how do we ensure our facilities maintenance is kept up and looking good. As a Carpenter you will identify and complete assigned projects throughout the casino while ensuring all safety policies, procedures, and regulations are followed. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Perform rough and finish carpentry, including construction, maintenance, and repair of walls, ceilings, doors, office furniture, restroom partitions, raised access floors, carpeting, and floor tiles.
- *Conduct routine inspections of property to identify damage or repairs needed, make recommendations for corrective measures, and perform repairs.
- *Respond to and complete maintenance and repair requests in a timely, safe, and accurate manner while ensuring high levels of guest service and minimal interruption to business operations.
- *Coordinate with contractors and other Facilities staff concerning contract installations and repairs at the direction of the Carpentry leadership.
- *Ensure maintenance tools are in proper working condition and operate equipment safely. Report any unsafe conditions to management.
- *Ensure adherence with all Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) requirements, as well as the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining inventory stock by arranging for the purchase of necessary supplies, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Communicate any repairs or maintenance that cannot be done during regular working hours to the Supervisor and/or Management and schedule work as necessary to complete.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and related technical training are preferred. Two years of related experience is required. Must have experience with and be able to safely use carpentry equipment including but not limited to saws, drills, planers, lifts, and hand tools.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, sit, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and at heights. The team member is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, cold, and vibration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website