In this fast paced, high energy environment where quality is essential, how do we ensure we are producing superior food products? As the Employee Dining Room (EDR) Sous Chef you will assist the EDR Chef in leading the EDR Back of House by assigning work, enforcing food quality standards, and ensuring guest satisfaction. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Cook, create, plan, and manage the preparation of all menu items to ensure optimal guest satisfaction. Ensure that all food served is monitored for taste and visual appeal; portion control measures are followed; and level of waste is controlled by proper production levels and converted portion guidelines.
- *Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Oversee daily operations of the venue including but not limited to leading pre-shift meetings; delegating tasks; conducting daily training; and managing opening, closing, and cleaning duties.
- *Enforce recipes and training procedures to maintain the highest standards of food quality.
- *Control the pace and quantity of production while maintaining a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- Assist in the development of new menus and recipes, using strong knowledge of culinary techniques and trends.
- Assist in operating venue within fiscal and operational guidelines through effective management of food costs, labor costs, and other controllable expenses.
- Ensure timely inventory counts and proper rotation of stock. Assist in ordering and purchasing for venue, coordinating with the Purchasing department as necessary.
- Assist in ensuring optimal guest satisfaction and providing timely, positive resolution to guest inquiries and concerns.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to demonstrate advanced cooking skills is required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a professional, classically disciplined restaurant, hotel, or club kitchen or a high volume, fast paced, multiple station setting are required. An Associate’s degree can take the place of 1 year of experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- The ability to achieve ServSafe certification within 90 days.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and general knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups of team members.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move for prolonged periods of time in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will work near moving parts and extreme noise, such as kitchen equipment, and will be required to work in a hot environment, such as over and near ovens, cooktops and open flames and in a cold environment such as in freezer/production prep kitchen areas. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website