In this fast paced, high energy environment where quality is essential, how do we ensure we are producing superior food products? As a Fine Dining Cook 3, you will enforce food quality standards, ensure guest satisfaction, and have the ability to work well in a team. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Perform intermediate to advanced food preparation and cooking duties, including but not limited to braising, blackening, and searing foods; preparing noodles; and grill or wok cooking.
- *Act as a saucier to prepare sauces, stews, and made to order sautéed menu items.
- *Use and clean kitchen surfaces, equipment, and utensils safely, including but not limited to ovens, grills, fryers, broilers, and knives.
- *Ensure a safe, sanitary, and organized working environment, working closely with Stewards at all times.
- Assist in training other members of the culinary team.
- Assist in storing and rotating all inventories as needed.
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed.
- Work in other kitchens/venues as assigned, based on business needs, to gain knowledge, and to assist with advanced food preparation.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to demonstrate advanced cooking skills is required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred. One year of related experience is required.
- The ability to successfully achieve ServSafe certification within 90 days.
- The ability to successfully complete Culinary Academy within 12 months.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and fractions.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move for prolonged periods of time in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member will be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will work near moving parts and extreme noise, such as kitchen equipment, and will be required to work in a hot environment, such as over and near ovens, cooktops, and open flames, and in a cold environment such as in freezer/production prep kitchen areas. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website