Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Run the host station and seat guests while quoting accurate wait times based on business volume. Ensure guests are seated in a fair and consistent manner for the servers.
- *Greet guests with a friendly expression of acknowledgement and good wishes.
- *Assess, anticipate, and attend to guest needs or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- *Use point-of-sale (POS) system to accurately dispense change and process credit card and other transactions. Ensure proper procedures are followed for handling of financial transactions, including balancing bank to sales report.
- *Maintain a clean, well-stocked, and safe working environment.
- *Maintain complete knowledge of the venue to include menu items, beverage selections, specials, promotions, events, and policies.
- *Maintain thorough knowledge of the casino and hotel in order to answer guest questions and provide directions.
- Assist servers and bussers by helping to clear, wipe, and reset tables as needed.
- Work at other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related experience are preferred.
- Experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems preferred.
- The ability to successfully achieve Responsible Alcohol and ServSafe certifications within 90 days.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer/point-of-sale (POS) system. The team member may be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Apply on company website